Juhudi Africa Programme as a children and youth under 35years old serving organization has a multi-pronged approach to bring on board the youth constituency in voicing their concerns.
Therefore, JAP being part of the UN decisions or new strategies taken by intergovernmental bodies is to take role to shape the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs, Africa Agenda 63, National Big 4 Agenda, Kenya’s Vision 2030 with specific actions and initiatives by UN family entities, including their contributions to the High-level Political Forum (HLPF) as key UN Major Groups and Stakeholders. Our youth engage in the following Special Thematic Groups;
- Africa Free of New HIV Infections: This is the Africa Advocacy Group on HIV Prevention R&D. The purpose of this platform is to facilitate focused and coordinated Africa Civil Society voice and action on HIV prevention R&D advocacy. The vision of the network is Africa free of New HIV Infections (AfNHi). The Networks name is therefore directly inspired by the vision. Link:www.wacihealth.org
JAP is a member to many thematic groups in the United Nations Major Group for Children and Youth which is the UN General Assembly-mandated, official, formal and self-organised mechanism for young people to meaningfully engage in the UN.
We act as a bridge between young people and the UN system in order to ensure that their right to meaningful participation is realized. We do so by engaging formal and informal communities of young people, in the design, implementation, monitoring, follow-up, and review of sustainable development policies at all levels.
Main Link for No. 2-12: https://www.unmgcy.org/
- Disaster Risk Reduction with 2528 members
- Governance and Participation Working Group with 1317 members
- UN Habitat with 1512 members: Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III) Working Group (WG)! Our work focuses on Habitat III (the 3rd UN Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development), to be held in Ecuador in October 2016. Habitat III’s outcome document will be the New Urban Agenda. Currently, the WG is consulting with the world’s youth on urban issues. These consultations will culminate in a position paper that will help inform the New Urban Agenda.
- YOUNGO – Youth Constituency @ UNFCCC with 8641 members: We are the young people at the UN climate conferences and this google groups is our official and core communication channel. YOUNGO is made up of youth led organizations and individuals (below 35). YOUNGO uses conversation and consensus based decision-making to arrive at decisions. YOUNGO is not an organization, rather a network of groups and individuals.
- Humanitarian Affairs with 2731 members
- SDG 7 Youth Constituency
- Sustainable Development – Economic
- Youth Policy UN MGCY
- Sustainable Development – Environment