JUHUDI AFRICA VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME
By volunteering with us, you learn so much about yourself and view life in a different perspective while sharing your thoughts and friendship with local people and understanding different cultural dimensions.
Juhudi Africa was started with the aim of eradicating poverty using various interventions of Health, Education, Environmental, Water and Sanitation interventions. Various challenges continue to face our country and need help from all sources.
Juhudi Africa on its own cannot curb this situation hence the need to have volunteers to offer helping hands bringing in their expertise and injecting resources to solve these challenges. We offer volunteers a unique experience throughout their placement.
We have been running volunteer programmes since 2017 and so far we have handled more than 1000 happy volunteers from different walks of life and nationalities. We offer placements to work on short, medium or long term basis focusing on cultural, different environments and diversified projects. Volunteers are encouraged to be open minded and flexible to adopt to living and working with different host communities during their placements.
Who can volunteer?
You’re probably wondering if there are any skills or qualifications that you need to volunteer with Juhudi Africa?
Majority of volunteers that we have so far hosted are young people with different work experience, especially professionally. Through volunteering most have gained work experience and gone on to excel in their professions. The following professionals are needed at Juhudi Africa. However some programmes do not require any professional skills. Professionals needed include the following:-
- Business development officers –grant /resource mobilization officers.
- Project Management Professionals (PMP)–Volunteer Certified on project management.
- Competence Based Curriculum Teachers–Early Childhood Development Education teachers in music, environment ,craft and art, dancing and modeling
- High School Teachers
- Community Health Workers
- Sports Managers and Trainers, Scouts
- Hair Beauty and Therapy Volunteers
- Information Technology Expert Volunteers
- Trainer of Trainees
- Medical Personnel- Counselling ,paediatric and the general practitioners
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Experts on Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights
- Environmental Experts
- Food and Nutrition Experts
- Hospice Experts
- Languages tutors including Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Germany, French, Japan, Korean
During the weekends, holidays and free times while volunteering with us, volunteers have a wide variety of recreational activities including the following:-
- Deep sea scuba diving
- Water games e.g. surfing
- Touring of game parks such as Haller Park, Mombasa marine national park, Mamba village center, Amboseli, Tsavo National park, Nguuni Nature Sanctuary, Bamburi Nature trail, Mombasa butterfly house, Shimba Hills National Park, Arabuko Sokoke Forest, Kaya Cultural Forests (Many of these sites are World Heritage Sites) etc.
- Sporting activities.
- Wildebeest migration
- Music and cultural activities
- Touring historical sites such like Ngomongo Villages,Fort Jesus, Old Town, Mombasa Tusks, Shree Cutch Satsang Swaminarayan Temple, Jumba la Mtwana, Mama Ngina’s Drive, Shiva Temple, Vasco da Gama Pillar, etc
- Gymnasium and spa
- Swimming with dolphins at Wasini
- Visit of white sand beaches
- Feeding of wild animals in game parks
Volunteers pay these fees for their upkeep including meals, accommodations and local transportation. Your fees enable us contribute to the goals and the needs of your placements. Part of the fee also goes directly to support our programmes.
- Cost for one week USD 500
- Cost for two weeks USD 620
- Cost for three weeks USD 730
- Cost for four weeks USD 820
- Cost for five weeks USD 890
- Cost for six weeks USD 1050
- Cost for seven weeks USD 1150
- Volunteers will be required to pay additional USD 150 per week to cater for local transport.
- Besides the volunteer fee, a volunteer can support any programme of choice, monetary wise or through donation of equipment’s
- The following costs are not included in the volunteer fee
- International Airfare
- Medical Bill
- Tours and Safaris [not related to the volunteer placement.]